Could not find certificate with thumbprint under Cert:\LocalMachine

Hi,

I know this question has allready been asked in the past, but I think much has changed since https://help.octopus.com/t/could-not-find-certificate-under-cert-localmachine-with-thumbprint/4588.

We’re currently ussing version 2018.8.7. We’re using the install certificate step in one of our deploy processes. When trying to set the private key access in the step we get the next exception:

There was an error importing the certificate into the store
Could not find certificate with thumbprint '11c22f1e1bd111ea3e214b4ae1f0216031cf21a1' in store Cert:\LocalMachine\My

System.Exception
at Calamari.Integration.Certificates.WindowsX509CertificateStore.AddPrivateKeyAccessRules(String thumbprint, StoreLocation storeLocation, String storeName, ICollection`1 privateKeyAccessRules)
at Calamari.Commands.ImportCertificateCommand.ImportCertificate(CalamariVariableDictionary variables)
at Calamari.Commands.ImportCertificateCommand.Execute(String[] commandLineArguments)
at Calamari.Program.Execute(String[] args)
The remote script failed with exit code 100

The certificate is successfully installed, but it was not possible to set the private key access.
Thanks for the support.

My mistake. This can be removed. I found my issue and fixed it.

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for getting in touch! That’s great to hear you’ve found and fixed the issue. :slight_smile: Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.