Copying artifacts from different instances

Hello,

I have a deployment that would generate an artifact from different instances, this are then stored in a Path. I want to combine this artifacts in one path so that I can compress it in a zip. Can you suggest a way to do this ? I tried using various steps but none are working the way I want… Can you suggest?

Thanks
Octo

Hi @road,

Thanks for getting in touch! I had a look into this and I don’t think there is an easy built-in method for handling achieving your goal here. However there may be options available based on your requirements.

One option that comes to mind, if you are trying to collect a single .zip artifact you could write some custom script on your deployment which would output the .csv file from each target server to the desired location before finally compressing them. You could then collect a single .zip file at the end of your deployment.

You could still have Octopus collect the artifact for each machine this way or have Octopus collect only the .zip at the central location. Each method will require some scripting on your end.

If you try this and get stuck on anything or have any further questions or thoughts at all, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks! I’ll try this and will give feedback if I encounter some problems

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.