Configure Octopus prod and nonprod IAC using Terraform

Hi,

It’s been a while since we started using Octopus as our deployment tool. We utilize Terraform to provision all of the Octopus configurations.

Since the Octopus configuration is configured by a single code base for both prod and non-prod environments, we’re a little concerned about it. Ideally we want to segregate prod and non-prod Octopus configurations, so that we can test on any breaking changes without affecting prod deployments. So far the only resolution we can think of is having two different Octopus accounts. The breaking changes would be tested on a non-prod Octopus account first. If everything goes well then we move it to the prod Octopus account.

Could you please share your insights on our concern?

Hi @basil.sunny,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support!

I see that you’re currently using Octopus Cloud for your instance, am I correct in assuming that you mean you would need another instance to have separate configurations?

Have you considered using a separate space for prod and non-prod?
Spaces allow you to have separate projects, infrastructure, accounts, etc - all in the same instance.

If I’ve misunderstood the question or spaces don’t fit your use-case, please do let me know.

Kind Regards,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.