Configure from tfs and config only deploys

Our environment is pretty strict on a hashed package that has passed qa. But it allows the configurations to be changed. Is there way to say have all of our configs on tfs to be downloaded by octopus in order to perform the transformations post deploy.

In case we have a configuration issue we can make the change in tfs and then replicate to all other servers just by doing a config only deploy.

Thanks

Hi,

The only way to make this work would be to have a seperate NuGet package that just contains configuration files.

You could configure your main application to deploy to a specific place - e.g.,:

C:\YourApp

You could then configure your “config” package to also deploy to that place. The config package could include the configuration files and any transform files.

To create the config package, you won’t be able to use OctoPack; instead you’ll have to call the NuGet.exe pack command with a custom .nuspec file that just contains the config files.

Hope that helps, let me know if anything is unclear.

Paul

thanks! i will try this out i think we are using some variant of this for other configuration files, just not our main web and app configs.