Complete history of releases

Hi,

Is there a way to see a complete history of all releases done in a project? I only have an overview of recent releases and deployments.

Thanks
Elise

Hi Elise,

Thanks for reaching out. You can check all the releases from Projects -> [Project Name] -> Releases. Clicking on a release will show you all the deployments of that release.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I can see releases there but it are also only the recent ones, not all of them?

Regards
Elise

Hi Elise,

Is it possible that you have Retention Policies in place? They are in charge of deleting old releases history among other things.

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hi,

We indeed have Retention Policies but we were not aware that this meant that we could not see any history of the release notes with that.
It would be great if we could have a history of all releases with the release notes without having to keep all the files of the release: can be disabled releases, you don’t have to be able to go back to them, but it would be very handy to still see the notes, to have a history of what was delivered when.
Is this possible now?

Kind regards
Elise

Hi Elise,

That is possible yes. When you configure a phase’s retention Policy, you can set different policies for Releases and for Files in Tentacles

Releases: The release data on the Octopus server that has all the history and the release notes. You need to set this one to “Keep All” if you want to keep the whole history.

Files in Tentacles: The actual files that were deployed to the Tentacle during the deployment of the release. This is the one you want to cleanup often most of the times.

See screenshot from documentation to know where to configure this: -> http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/download/attachments/3048140/2015-07-15%2014_09_34-Demo%20-%20Octopus%20Deploy.png?version=1&modificationDate=1436933413551&api=v2

Hope that helps,

Dalmiro

Dear Madam, Sir, Thank you for your email.

I am currently not in the office and do not have access to my messages.

For urgent matters please call +32 9 242 54 26. I will respond to your message upon return on 07/12/15.

Best regards, Elise

Hudson Belgium NV Moutstraat 56 9000 Gent

PS: You will receive this message only once.