Cloning project doesn't set correct lifecycle in cloned project

Pretty much as the subject line says.

When I clone a project, the lifecycle for the cloned project gets reset to the first lifecycle found in the Lifecycles library.

I have 2 channels in the project I am cloning. The lifecycles for the channels get cloned correctly. However the Project Lifecycle on the Process page doesn’t get cloned correctly, and the overall Octopus dashboard then includes incorrect environments for the project group in which the cloned project resides.

Hi Conor,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry you’re hitting this bug, and thanks for letting us know about it. I’ve been able to reproduce this behavior where the first lifecycle listed in your library is automatically chosen for your cloned project, where it should be selecting the default lifecycle which was defined for your original project. I’ve raised the following issue to get this resolved which you can track here: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/3524

As a workaround for now, when you’re cloning the project, you can define the default lifecycle in the advanced settings. Refer to my attached screenshot showing this option.

Thanks again for reporting this. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Kenny

All good, thanks Kenny!