Changing screen resolution using tentacle

Hi,

We’re running some Selenium tests on a tentacle machine and we would like to be able to control the screen resolution. When tentacle is executing, the resolution is 1024x768 while I would like it to be 1920x1080 (this is the default resolution I get when connecting to machine using RDP). I tried running powershell command Set-DisplayResolution -Width 1920 -Height 1080 but that didn’t seem to change anything. Any ideas?

Best regards,
Justas.

Hi Justas,

Thanks for reaching out. Screen resolution is something that can only be modified from Interactive sessions (logged into the server). During the deployments Octopus runs all the processes/steps through a service in an un-interactive session, so I’m 99% sure this is not possible.

That remaining 1% is because of my lack of knowledge about Selenium, so I absolutely recommend you to ask around in a forum from that Technology, as I’m pretty sure this is a rather common question. Perhaps there’s a way in selenium to make the tests think they are running in 1920x1080, without actually setting that at the OS level.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.