Can't switch from preview to community

Hi

I’ve been trying to upgrade my instance for weeks with another support member, I’ve been doing R&D for my company and trying to show the viability of octopus. It really doesn’t look good when you struggle for weeks with support to get an answer to why you can’t pay for a product. I’m going to attach a video to show what is happening when I try to upgrade my instance.

Hi @shaun.a.havelaar,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with our billing portal!

This looks like this might be caused by our recent migration to our Control Center V2 so I’ve escalated this internally and someone should be in touch shortly about getting this resolved.

I’ve also tracked down the request you made approx. a month ago and will be investigating why it wasn’t responded to and how we can prevent this in future, as that’s really not good enough.

Please let me know if no one has reached out in time, or if you have any questions at all!

Best Regards,

1 Like

Good morning @shaun.a.havelaar,

A member of our sales team has just reached out and said they can see you have tried to upgrade to our cloud community edition and have asked if they can add themselves as a support user on your instance so they can take a closer look at what is going on and try and replicate the issue on another one of our test instances.

You would not need to do anything your end to create the support user, we can do it all but we need your explicit permission before we are able to create that support user on your instance.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards,
Clare

Hey @shaun.a.havelaar,

Sorry for the double post here but I have DM’d you on the forums with some more information on this, as mentioned I will clarify my findings with our sales team but I wanted to get that information out to you as soon as possible so you have it to hand.

Kind Regards,
Clare

Hi Clare

No problem at all, you can add the support user

1 Like

Hey @shaun.a.havelaar,

Just to close this one out as I mentioned in the DM I sent over to you I am going to have our sales team contact you on the previous ticket you had in with us to get the ball rolling on sorting out those licences so you can then get this cloud instance upgraded.

All correspondences will be through your email from now on.

If you need anything specifically from Support (As our Sales team will be the one replying to the email ticket) please reach out on this forum post and we will do our best to help.

Kind Regards,
Clare

Hey @shaun.a.havelaar,

Just to let you know we have responded on the email ticket so if you did not get it please let us know.
We have removed all of your server licences so you should be free to upgrade your cloud one now.

Let us know if it still does not go through.

Kind Regards,
Clare

Hi Claire

I’m subscribed and able to use my account again!!! As always, thank you for your help and brilliant service.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.