Can't delete packages which have build metadata in version

I have a package with (SemVer 2.0.0 compatible) version 1.2.3+master (the +master part is “build metadata” as specified by semver).
When I try do delete this package from the built-in feed, I get an error:

The resource was not found on this server.

The package clearly exists, because it can be downloaded from the feed and it deploys just fine. The version rules in channels also correctly match this version (e.g. a rule with \+master regex for pre-release tag matches this package).

This is in the current cloud version (2018.11.2).

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry about the confusing behavior you’re experiencing. However I’m unable to reproduce this issue in 2018.11.2 with deleting a package with build metadata included in the version. Could you provide some additional information to ensure I’m attempting to reproduce this accurately?

Are you trying to manually delete this package in the web portal (under Library > Packages in your web portal)? Can you attach any screenshots or logs where you’re seeing this error? This extra information should point us in the right direction. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

I tested a bit more and indeed the problem doesn’t occur every time.
I’m trying a few different things right now, will get back to you once I have a reliable repro.

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for following up and letting me know. I look forward to hearing back once you can repro. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns going forward as well. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

I’ve tried a few different things and I’m not 100% how to reproduce this reliably. I’m uploading a test.1.2.3+master.zip package and most of the time I can’t delete it later, but sometimes I can.
When I’m stuck with a package I cannot delete, re-indexing the built-in feed helps an I can delete the package afterwards.

Yes, I’m deleting it via the web portal. Here are screenshots:

This might prove useful: this problem doesn’t exist when I try to delete the package via the REST API. It deletes just fine every time, ever if deleting via the web portal doesn’t work.

The cloud version has been updated to 2019.2.4, but the problem remains.
Have you been able to reproduce this behavior?

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for following up! After a good number of attempts, I was able to temporarily reproduce this bizarre issue in my local instance. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to capture much information from that, and it succeeded after a short wait. I’m going to bring this up to my team soon to see if we can come up with a way to proceed troubleshooting, and I’ll let you know the results. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks, glad you were able to reproduce this.
A thought, is it possible that the problem is a general one, but the cloud version recovers from it more slowly and local instances more quickly, to the point where it’s typically unnoticable? I mean, I can reproduce it without any problems on the cloud version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.