Can't access Azure Web Apps when creating a "Deploy an Azure Web App" step

Hi,

I’m using OD v3.3.6 and am trying to deploy a web app to an Azure Web App. I’ve created an Azure account using a Service Principal that works, I have verified the connectivity to Azure when saving the account in OD. But when I create the step to deploy this and use my account, I don’t get any entries in the list for “Web App” under the Azure heading even though my Service Principal is set as a Contributor for my Azure Web App in the Azure Portal.

Any tips?

Brgds

Jonas Hilmersson

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for reaching out! When you select the Azure account on the dropdown on that step, Octopus automatically starts fetching the Azure web apps. At that point do you see any Javascript errors or any failed HTTP calls on the browser’s development tools?

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hi,

No, only an empty response to the websites call. Feels like there is some configuration error on the Azure side but I don’t know what.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2411C.4A62E2D0]
Brgds
Jonas

Hi,

I have gotten it to work now. My mistake was to assign the permissons on my Web App, it should be done on the Resource Group level. Now I can get the list of Web Apps belonging to my Resource Group and hopefully get the deploy to work.

Brgds

Jonas

Hi,

Glad to hear that!

Cheers,
Dalmiro