Cannot deploy phase 2 of a lifecycle

Hi,
I’m using version 2018.8.0. I attached a screenshot that shows the issue I’m facing. In summary all the projects associated to that lifecycle and tenants can’t deploy past phase one. Hope you can point me in the right direction for troubleshooting, I went through the configuration over and over and I can’t find anything missing.
Thanks,
Gab

Hi Gabriele,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this roadblock. To help me understand your scenario better, could I ask for a few additional details?

Is your Communicate NOVA tenant connected to the Communicate Beta environment for this project?
Which channel was this release (0.0.19) created in? It could be that the channel it exists in is using a lifecycle which doesn’t include Communicate Beta environment.

If this all checks out, would you be willing to provide screenshots showing how you’ve configured this tenant, the release itself showing the channel, and the lifecycle which is assigned to this channel?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

thanks for getting back to me.
I can now see the deploy button for “Communicate Beta”. The change I made is this:

From “All must complete” to “A minimum of 1 must complete”. Is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks,
Gabriele

Hi Gabriele,

Thanks for following up, and that’s great to hear you got it working! I’m not sure that this is the correct behavior. Just to confirm, you’ve altered the phase that includes the Communicate Beta environment (where you’re wanting to promote the release to) to be a minimum of 1? This setting should only be relevant to releases already within that phase, and a minimum of one needs to be deployed to before promoting to the next phase.

I’d like to dig a bit deeper to see if there’s a bug lurking around. Could you provide a screenshot of your complete lifecycle?

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

that’s exactly right, I altered the phase that includes the Communicate Beta environment to a minimum of 1.

The lifecycle looks like this:

07%20am

And each phase is configured like this:

I can’t replicate the problem though, if I change back to “All must complete” I can still deploy to Communicate Beta.

Hi Gabriele,

Thanks for following up and confirming that for me. That’s very strange you’re unable to replicate the issue again after changing the phase back to what it was. I still haven’t seen this behavior after mimicking your setup exactly. I’m wondering if it’s some sort of browser caching, and I’d be very interested to hear if you come across this behavior again in the future. If you do, does a hard refresh (CTRL + F5) of the project’s overview page fix it?

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.