Cannot change display names after switching to Azure AD

We are running Octopus Deploy v2019.6.8 LTS and switched from Active Directory authentication to Azure AD authentication this morning. We are cleaning up users which are getting double accounts. During this process we’re changing the display names of users, but when trying to save some users (not all of them) we’re getting the following error message: There was a problem with your request. Your email address is not available.

As the rename works on some users but doesn’t on others we’re not sure on what causes this. Any ideas on what might be the cause?

Hi Martijn,
Thanks for reaching out and reporting this issue.

The error suggests this is most likely a bug resulting from AD changes made in V2019.5. I’m currently running this by our engineers to get their advice on how to proceed.

Thanks again for making us aware of this and I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back from the Team.

Tina

Hi Martijn,
This issue has been confirmed as a bug. You can track the progress made on its fix here:
https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5878.

Thanks again for reporting this and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Tina

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.