Cancelling hanged

Hi!
I canceled a deployment to azure app service, and it seems the cancelling have hanged after the error message:
Failed to kill the launched process and its children: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill()
at Octopus.Shared.Util.SilentProcessRunner.Hitman.TryKillWindowsProcessAndChildrenRecursively(Int32 pid)
at Octopus.Shared.Util.SilentProcessRunner.Hitman.TryKillWindowsProcessAndChildrenRecursively(Int32 pid)
at Octopus.Shared.Util.SilentProcessRunner.Hitman.TryKillProcessAndChildrenRecursively(Process process)

Kind regards
Magnus Jäverberg

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support. I’m sorry that you are dealing with a hung cancellation.

May I have your permission to log into your instance and take a look?

Let me know at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Donny

Hi, and thank you for a quick response.

Please take a look.

Kind regards
Magnus Jäverberg

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for getting back to me. I’ll have a look and let you know what I find.

I appreciate your patience while we investigate.

Best Regards,
Donny

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for your patience. I was able to force the task to a canceled state on the back end.

It looks like the issue was with a dynamic worker when this step tried to run. However, it should be fine to attempt a redeployment at your convenience as the lease on that dynamic worker has since expired.

If you run into any more issues or if we can assist with anything else, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.