Can the Tenants be displayed as a simple list when clicking the Tenants menu button?

When you click the Tenants menu button the tenants are displayed as large tiles, each displaying the default Octopus logo, but also only displaying the first 14 or so characters of the Tenant name. This is a waste of screen real estate and makes it unnecessarily difficult to distinguish one tenant from another if they have similar names (e.g. ‘IndependantAssociatesOfAnytown’ vs ‘IndependantAssociatesOfWhereville’).

Is there any way to just display a simple list of the tenant links that would actually show the complete Tenant Name?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately this is not something possible in Octopus deploy 3.x. However, I just had a look at our 4.0 dev instance and can confirm that the behavior is much nicer. The whole name is displayed on the tile and should eliminate your issue (I created a Tenant with a longer name than your examples). This does require waiting for our 4.0 release though, which I am sadly unable to give you an ETA on. It is currently in the later stages of development though. We update our blog regularly with information about 4.0 and it’s a good place to keep an eye on for further updates.

Let me know if you have any questions at all here. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks for the fast feedback. We’ll look forward to the 4.0 release.