Can no longer open Certificates from Library after update to 2018.3.1

Hello,

We recently updated to version 2018.3.1, and we can no longer open certificates from the library. The page throws an error when we open existing certificates (https://imgur.com/a/oAEii). The page briefly appears, and then the error page is shown.

We can however create new certificates and open them without error.

Any idea’s?

Thanks in advance.

Janiek Busyrogge

Hi Janiek,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry you’re hitting this annoying and unexpected behavior. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue in my local instance in both 2018.3.1 and 2018.3.3. Since these TypeErrors are usually specific to our new UI (version 4.0+), there’s a good chance you could work around this by using the old portal. You can access this at OctoURL/oldportal (as opposed to OctoURL/app). Could you try accessing these certificates in the old portal and let me know the outcome, or if it provides any apparent reason why it’s causing this?

It’s possible a value is null which shouldn’t be null, such as an environment that it was scoped to previously no longer exists or something. Can you see any discrepancy there?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Hello Kenneth,

I tried opening the certificate using the old portal and this still works.

I found some more detailed exception info at the bottom of the page of the new portal:

Octopus v2018.3.1

TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of null

split (/app/components/tenantTagsets.ts:29:15)
reduce (/app/components/tenantTagsets.ts:28:29)
render (/app/components/TenantTagDesignDialog/MissingTagsList.tsx:29:45)
Lf (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:147:337)
sf:a:{e=b.type;c=b.pendingProps;d=b.memoizedProps;if(nf())null===c&& (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:150:232)
e (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:182:349)
g (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:183:347)
p (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:184:366)
0;null!==a&&c;){c=!1;if(a.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.pendingWorkPriority>b)c=!0,a.pendingWorkPriority=b;null!==a.alternate&&(a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority>b)&&(c=!0,a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority=b);if(null===a["return"])if (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:188:389)

I hope this provides some more info. FYI, we do not have any tenant tag sets.

Best regards,
Janiek

Hi Janiek,

Thanks for following up. I was able to see an error after scoping this certificate to a tenant tag, then deleting the tenant tag. Is it possible your certificate was scoped previously to a tenant tag that has since been deleted? If so, I was able to work around it by disabling tenanted deployments for the certificate in the old portal, then re-enabling it. I’m still looking into the root issue, but hopefully that can help unblock you for the time being. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

Excluding the certificates from tenanted deployments in the old portal en re-setting the tenants in the new portal seems to have done the trick!

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Janiek

Hi Janiek,

Thanks for following up. That’s great to hear that did the trick! I’m sorry again about the annoyance we’ve unintentionally caused with this bug. I’ve raised the issue to address the underlying issue which you can track here.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns going forward!

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

So there’s a note here, this was fixed in 2018.5.0