Bulk deploy latest version to new deployment targets

I’m currently adding a number of new deployment targets and wanting find a way to deploy the latest version of the applications to them all based on their roles. At moment I can only seem to do this manually via either redeploying an existing release and creating and deploying a new one.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You might find deployment target triggers useful. Using these you can configure it so that whenever a new deployment target is detected, the last successfully deployed version will automatically be queued and deployed.

Let me know if this fits your requirements or if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Paul

Thanks for that looks perfect. One question, is there a way to make this a generic rule for all projects or a way to bulk add to projects?
Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

There isn’t a way to apply it to all within the UI. However, this would be possible using a bit of scripting, the octopus.client (https://octopus.com/docs/octopus-rest-api/octopus.client) and our API.

We have a sample script here that if not exactly what you need would be a good starting point.

Regards,
Paul