Built-In Package Repository Retention

Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help me…

We have the Built-In Package Repository Retention set to 30 days, which we want to keep in most cases, but its removing an entire package that we use purely for Runbooks.

As per your documentation - No release needs to be created to execute a runbook.
But the Package Repository Retention is described as:
Packages not used in a release will be automatically deleted from the repository after XX days.

We have a Retention of 30days, but our package of RunbookScripts (used regularly and solely for Runbooks steps) is getting removed also.

1. Is this because it is technically not used in a release ?

2. How can we exclude our package from the Retention policy and ensure it does not disappear every 30 days?

Many thanks
Bronwyn Andrews
DevOps Engineer

Hey Bronwyn,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could I ask which version of Octopus Server you’re currently running?

There was a known issue a while back that was causing this behavior and was fixed here: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/6150

Are you on a version previous to 2020.1.1?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Many thanks for the prompt response.
Yes that could be it - we are still running on 2019.12.1.

Great to know this is fixed in later versions - we are planning an upgrade in the next couple of weeks.
I assume we are safe to upgrade straight to the latest 2020.3.2?

Many thanks,
Bronwyn Andrews
DevOps Engineer

Hey Bronwyn,

You’re very welcome!

We typically recommend people go to the latest as each version will get 6 months of patches, meaning the latest will get patches the longest. As always, please make a backup before you upgrade in case there are any issues. This blog probably explains it better than I have here: https://octopus.com/blog/releases-and-lts

Please let me know if you have any other questions about it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.