Bamboo Add-on Push

Hi,

We recently updated our Octo.exe on our build agents and I had one project I was trailing in Bamboo with the Octopus Deploy Bamboo Add-on. I was am getting an issue on push as the ‘–overwrite-mode OverwriteExisting’ parameter is not longer valid. I tried upgrading to the latest version of the addon (version 2.4.0) but I still can’t see the ‘Force overwrite existing packages’ option that is mentioned in the documentation. It still has the old option of ‘Overwrite mode’ which the Octo.exe can’t handle anymore.

I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling & uninstalling and reinstalling but still the same. Creating a new step gives the same Overwrite mode.
Is there something else I need to do to update the push module?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the confusion we’ve created here. The Overwrite mode is actually the newer of the features, it replaced the force overwrite a few months ago and we’ve obviously missed updating this documentation.

You can find details about the overwrite mode in the octo command line tool documentation. Which version of octo do you have on your Bamboo instance? The overwrite mode was added in 6.9.0.

I’ll get this Bamboo documentation updated as soon as possible.

Regards
Shannon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.