Azure Service Management API deprecation warning

My Azure WebApp deployments are succeeding, but with a warning:

Azure have announced they will be retiring Service Management API support on June 30th 2018. Please switch to using Service Principals for your Octopus Azure accounts Azure | Documentation and Support

Obviously I am using Service Principals, both because it’s still working and it mentions numerous times in the log that it’s authenticating with the Service Principal. This isn’t really causing any issues, but it’s a minor annoyance. I am running Octopus Server version: 2020.6.4701

Hi @jeremyw,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

Would you be willing to send me an example raw task log that shows this message? You may private message me or I can even provide a secure upload link if you prefer. Just let me know.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Donny

Hi @donny.bell,

Looking at what’s in the raw task log, I can see a ton of things in there that I’d get in a lot of trouble for sending outside of our company. Is there any smaller snippet of it that could be useful to you that I could possibly pull out?

Hi @jeremyw,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I completely understand. If possible, send over what you can out of the log that’s relevant and we’ll go from there.

Regards,
Donny

I’m not seeing anything really relevant at all, the warning comes up immediately after the step begins executing and the standard Verbose messages are logged. The only thing I can think of is that Legacy mode is enabled on the deployment step, which could be causing the confusion. This message only started appearing after upgrading to 2020.6.4701 last week, but the previous version was 2018.10.9 so obviously there is a wide gap.

Hi @jeremyw,

Thank you for the quick response.

Let me dig and try to get more information about this message internally. Based on what you are describing, it doesn’t sound like this message should be appearing. However, I want to get confirmation before saying for certain.

I appreciate your patience while I look into this.

Regards,
Donny

Hi @jeremyw,

Thank you for your patience.

After an internal discussion on the issue, a github issue was created that you may subscribe to here:

If you have any additional questions or if I can assist with anything else, please let me know.

Regards,
Donny

Excellent, thank you @donny.bell!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.