Azure Cloud Service Adding

Hi,

Octopus Version : 3.4.5

Could some one guide me how a new Azure cloud service can be added to octopus.Currently that feature is not available.

I am really stuck at this position,i went through some documents,but not successful.

Could some one help me out

Regards,

Nithin

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!

With the Azure Services built-in step in Octopus you can deploy to a Cloud Service in Azure, but you cannot create one. The service needs to exist before that step runs.

What you should do is use an Azure Resource Group Template to create it using our built-in step for Resource Group Templates, and then deploy to it.

Let me know if you have any questions about this,

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro

We have created a new azure cloud service which is not in Resource group .What we want to do is add that cloud service to octopus. Is there any way to do that.

Regards,

Nithin Idicula George
Senior Systems Engineer – RM RESULTS -TOPS

Hi Dalmiro

We have created a new azure cloud service which is not in Resource group .What we want to do is add that cloud service to octopus. Is there any way to do that.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. If you have already created that Cloud Service in azure, it should be showing up in the dropdown list “Cloud Service” of the “Deploy an Azure Cloud Service” step (see attached images).

If it doesn’t can you show me:

• How are you creating this service?
  • A screenshot of the service in Azure.
  • What do you see on the “Cloud Service” dropdown list?

Best regards,
Dalmiro

? Hi, Thank you for your email. I am currently out of office and will be back only on Wednesday Oct 12 2016. If you have any urgent queries please email to Kavita Binu (kbinu@in.rm.com) Regards, Nithin

This message is confidential and should not be copied or disclosed to anyone. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Any views or opinions presented are only those of the author and not those of RM. RM accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses and it is your responsibility to ensure that this email and any attachments are free of viruses when you receive it. You may use and apply this email and the information contained in it for the intended purpose only and RM shall not be liable in any way in respect of use for any other purpose. In respect of all other matters, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, RM disclaims all responsibility and liability for the contents of this email (including any attachments). Please note that RM may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

RM Education Ltd (Reg. No: 01148594) is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 140 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4SB; VAT No: GB 630 8236 56.