Azure Account not connecting

About 18 months ago I had an issue getting our Octopus server connected to Azure. After some great help from the Octopus support team including a Zoom call we got it working :slight_smile:

The prototype we were developing got sidelined for 18 months, now it’s back on, I’ve tried connecting again. It’s not working again :expressionless:

Here is the thread from last time

The initial thing that helped a lot was a powershell script TestAzure.ps1 which gave details of exactly what the connection error was. The script link on the old topic no longer works :frowning: Could we start by giving me a copy of that script?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting in touch! Darn, having it not work again after all that work a while back is a bummer! Sorry to hear that.

I had to dig a bit to find that script, but I’m pretty sure it’s this one we added to the following doc page around the time we linked you to it in that old thread.

Does that look familiar, and does it help get the ball rolling?

I hope this helps, and don’t hesitate to reach out with any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Ah yes that script was what I was after. I think I’ve found the issue (I can see the script works with some accounts and not others, indicating a proxy permissions issue)

Hi Andrew,

Great to hear! Thanks for confirming and letting me know. Don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything we can try to help out with. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.