[ Az ] Authentication timeout

Hello Octopus Team,

I updated Powershell and az cli to the latest versions on my Windows Workers :

• OS Windows Server 2016 version 1607 - 14393.5246
  • Octopus Server version 2022.3.10405
  • Tentacle version 6.2.50 (Calamari: 24.0.8)

Before :

• Powershell 7.2.2
  • az cli 2.34.1

Update :

• Powershell 7.2.6
  • az cli 2.40.0

But with those last versions when I run a Run an Azure Script step it timeout with :

Az Modules: Authenticating with Service Principal
Attempt 1 of 5 failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[...]

Trying az commands directly on the server with the session of the technical user running the Tentacle is working without problems.

Do you have any idea?

Kind Regards,

Gregory.

Hi @gregory.blanc,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support, and I’m sorry to see you are encountering issues after upgrading your Azure CLI.

When you get a chance, could you send us a copy of the raw task log from that deployment so we can review it? I will send you a secure upload link you can use to send files.

Do you know if the workers were restarted after the PS and Azure CLI update? If not, would it be possible to have you reboot the worker and see if your deployment still hangs at the same spot?

I look forward to hearing back, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Dan

Hello @dan_close,

The Workers have been restarted after components update.

I reproduced the error with a test script to send you raw logs with your secure link.

Waiting for news when you’ll have.

Best Regards,

Gregory.

Hey @gregory.blanc,

Sorry this forum post must have slipped the net as I have been trying to update everyone, this is now a known issue our engineers are currently working on. There is more information in this forum post including some workarounds, whilst not the best they will get you deploying. I will pass on your logs though as they may help with investigations.

We will update you with any information as our engineers find it.

Kind Regards,

Clare

Hello @clare.martin,

Many thanks for informations, I’ve updated the “ko.log” with the full error log.

Waiting news about that when you’ll have,

Kind regards,

Gregory

1 Like

Good morning @gregory.blanc

One more update on this, we created a Public GitHub Issue you can subscribe to to get updates, that also includes notes from our engineers on the best course of action to take at the moment for a workaround.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Kind Regards,

Clare

1 Like

Hello @clare.martin,

Thanks for update, I will follow the GitHub issue.

Kind regards,

Gregory

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.