AWS CLI version

We are running the LTS version of Octopus and the built-in AWS CLI and Powershell module is old and we would like to upgrade it. How do we do that? Or how do we point to one that we install on the server? We can’t see to figure it out.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately there’s no current way to override the bundled AWS CLI and PS modules versions. We have an open issue to update the bundled versions which you can track here.

As mentioned in the issue, the workaround in the meantime is to Use Run CLI script step targeting a Linux worker which has AWS CLI installed globally. Would that work for you for the time being?

Sorry it’s not the news you were after, but I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Unfortunately that won’t really work for us. Do you happen to know what the timeline is for updating this or even adding the ability to point to different installs of the AWS tools?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for following up. I’m sorry to hear that workaround won’t help for now. I’ve boosted the priority of this issue to update the AWS CLI version we bundle, so we’re hoping it’s implemented soon. Sadly we don’t have a specific ETA right now though.

We’re also planning on allowing custom versions to be used (like we do with Azure modules), but that will be a little further down the track. You can reference this issue at the following link.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with at all. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.