Automatic Release Creation

I have enabled this feature on a project and now I can not get ride of it. Also seems like it is not working all the time. I run a teamcity build and push a new version of the packages into the Octopus repo, I do not see the release created or even deployed. I then add a create release in Teamcity. run the build and then I get a release and it gets deployed twice. Also Seems after you enable the Auto Release then goto to another tab/link and come back to the trigger view it does not show that auto is enabled

We are running 2019.13.5

Hi @tbielejeski,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting both of these unexpected issues. Are you being shown an error message when trying to disable this feature in the project?

You might be able to remove this automatic release creation setting from the project by doing so directly via the API with the following script. Could you give that a try?

Regarding the issue with the new release being deployed twice, is it possible you have both your Teamcity configuration triggering a deployment, and the second deployment occurring as a result of your lifecycle being defined to deploy to the first environment automatically? This automatic deployment environment in the lifecycle is indicated by the lightning bolt icon next to the environment as shown below.

I hope this helps, and I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Sorry, I think this is working fine. Had to many changes and I think Teamcity and octopus were clashing

Hi @tbielejeski,

Thanks for keeping in touch and letting me know! Great to hear it’s working as needed. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny