Auto Release Not working: Package pushed correctly with correct ID and version

Using VSTS to push a nuget package to Octopus. This is working with matching ID (static) and pushed to the built in octopus repository. When push completes I can see the package with correct ID and version in the library.

Have setup a ‘automatic release creation’ trigger for my project:

process looks like this:

Am I missing something as not creating the release and publishing to my ‘dev’

Any guidance appreciated as need to get this working for my ‘proof of concept’ demo to directors as a CI solution

Hi Colin,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry you’re hitting this confusing behavior. I haven’t had any luck in my attempts to reproduce this issue after mimicking your scenario as shown in your attached screenshots. The releases are created automatically when the package is pushed.

Which version of Octopus are you currently running? We’ve made a couple of changes around this feature from 2018.4.0 and on, so an upgrade to latest (2018.5.7) may possibly fix this issue for you.

Alternatively, you could add a Create Octopus Release step in your build process in VSTS. This is usually the way we recommend creating releases and you can reference our documentation page on it at the following link.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

Many thanks for getting back to me so soon, this will help my cause to implement an Octopus deploy solution for my company and so am including in my presentation!

Anyway, you pointed me in the right direction. I had overlooked this bit of my VSTS build process:

And now works perfectly.

Got Octopus firing RedGate’s SQL Clone PS commands as well to spin up the db’s in no time. All looking good.

I hope to becoming part of your community soon, wish me luck …

Col

Hi Col,

Thanks for following up! That’s great to hear it’s working perfectly now, and all is looking good! I wish you luck on continuing your proof of concept. :slight_smile: Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions along the way - we’ll be more than happy to help in any way we can.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.