Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream

Hi Team,
So I installed a listening tentacle on one of our environments and trying to establish a connection to the octopus server. The listening tentacle works fine locally as I was able to receive the (successful connection) message when browsing and I have also enable the port (10933) in the windows firewall yet I receive the the following error:

System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
at System.Net.Security.SslState.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func2 endFunction, Action1 endAction, Task1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Halibut.Transport.SecureListener.d__18.MoveNext()
2018-06-04 17:32:17.0175 3048 6 INFO listen://[::]:10933/ 6 Accepted TCP client: [::1]:61061
2018-06-04 17:32:17.0175 3048 6 INFO listen://[::]:10933/ 6 Performing TLS server handshake
2018-06-04 17:32:17.0644 3048 6 INFO listen://[::]:10933/ 6 Secure connection established, client is not yet authenticated, client connected with Tls12

Thanks for the help in advance.

Nathaniel

In addition in the communication logs for the deployment target shows:

Opening a new connection
June 5th 2018 04:27:43Error
Unexpected exception executing transaction. Halibut.HalibutClientException: The client was unable to establish the initial connection within 00:01:00
at Halibut.Transport.TcpClientExtensions.ConnectWithTimeout(TcpClient client, String host, Int32 port, TimeSpan timeout)
at Halibut.Transport.TcpClientExtensions.ConnectWithTimeout(TcpClient client, Uri remoteUri, TimeSpan timeout)
at Halibut.Transport.SecureClient.CreateConnectedTcpClient(ServiceEndPoint endPoint)
at Halibut.Transport.SecureClient.EstablishNewConnection()
at Halibut.Transport.SecureClient.ExecuteTransaction(Action`1 protocolHandler)

Hi Nathaniel,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The error messages you are seeing are definitely pointing to an environmental issue with communications from your Octopus Server to your Tentacle. I suspect that there may be a firewall/proxy in between your Server and Tentacle, or there is a TLS mismatch.

For the first issue, are you able to confirm if you can connect from your Octopus Server to your Tentacle by opening a browser and going to http://TentacleAdress:19033 and see if it connects?

If you can also go through the troubleshooting steps outlined here that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Nathaniel, I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.