Audit report not displaying LibraryVariableSet changes

It looks like after our last update (currently 2018.3.13) we lost the ability to run audit reports on the LibraryVariableSets document type. I can see the entries listed in the Event table that I am trying to display. Is this a known issue that we need to schedule an upgrade to resolve? I haven’t seen any related errors or exceptions in the log that are related, just no results being returned.

Hi Waldo,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected behavior here. I’m not aware of any reported issue that’s related. I’ve given this a test and it seems to work as expected in my local instance. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the audit page when using the filter? Are you filtering by anything else outside of the LibraryVariableSets document type?

For the time being, would filtering by the Variable Set document type work? This type includes library variable set events, but also project variable events, so it won’t be ideal.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Here is a screenshot of the DB query for the library variable set change I’m trying to display in the audit report.

Below is the audit report range that I believe should display the record from the db. Even when I run the report filtered down to the specific user that made the change I don’t see any related entries.

Please let me know if there is any more information that I could provide on this issue.

Hi Waldo,

Thanks for following up and providing that additional information. I’m sorry about the delay in getting back to you! I’ve been able to reproduce this issue, though only when I restrict the user’s permissions by scoping their team to a specific environment. This is related to a known issue here.

However I’d like to confirm if this is indeed the root cause of this issue. Can you confirm if this user you’re looking at the audit log as is restricted by environment, project, etc? I’ll be happy to look at the permissions export for this user if it helps. You can get this in Configuration > Test Permissions and selecting the user and Export.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go, and I look forward to getting to the bottom of this one. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kenny

That definitely looks like my issue. I dug into what other teams my account was a member of and found an older more restricted team for a former role I filled. Removing myself from the older team shows the library variable set audit reports coming in correctly and then I can reproduce the issue when adding it back, even though I’m a member of the Octopus Administrators team with the system administrator role. I’ll let the team know as it impacts quite a few accounts at the moment. Sorry for the duplicate!

Hi,

Thanks for following up. That’s no problem at all about the duplicate! I’m just happy we’ve narrowed down what the issue is. Don’t hesitate to reach out to let me know how you go or if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.