Attribute invalid with Octo variable substitution in config transform

Web.config
<binding name=“RequestProcessorBinding” maxBufferSize=“2147483647” maxReceivedMessageSize=“2147483647” receiveTimeout=“02:00:00”

Web.Transform.config
<binding receiveTimeout="#{Tenant.​WebTierWcfReceiveTimeout}" xdt:Locator=“Match(name)” xdt:Transform=“SetAttributes(receiveTimeout, sendTimeout)”

Attribute is invalid according to its datatype ‘String’ - The Pattern constraint failed.
The error relates to validation of the config file as entering receiveTimeout=“02:00:00” is fine.
Is this a case where I should just leave the config transform invalid and when substitution occurs all will be fine? Is there an elegant around this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Bill,

Thanks for contacting us. It is perfectly fine to leave the config transform the way it is. During a deployment, the Configuration Transformations feature will update values in the web.config file, and then the Configuration Variables feature will replace those placeholders with variable values, so everything will be valid when deployment is complete.

If you are seeing the warning in Visual Studio, it should only be shown when the transform file is open, and will disappear when you close it.

Let me know if that helps or I can assist further in any way.

Regards,
Jayden

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.