Attach link to deployment in Slack message

Hi,

I’ve managed to set up a ‘Send Message to Slack’ step in my deployments and it’s working perfectly, but now I’m looking for a way to include a link to the deployment itself (I also have an approval step in the workflow so currently someone just logs into Octopus, finds the deployment and approves it). Is there a variable I can use?

I was also hoping to be able to link it to another word e.g. ‘Click here to go to the deployment’ where here contains the URL of the specific deployment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Archie

Hi Archie,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We don’t have any built-in steps for sending messages to Slack, so I’m guessing that you’re using one of the community step templates. I’ve had a look and there are a few to choose from, so it might be worth checking if any of them meet your requirements.

You might alternatively want to create your own implementation using webhooks / subscriptions. I’ve attached links to two great examples below which could be a good starting point:

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.