Aquire package before deployment starts

We are currently using Octopus version 2020.3.4 and we would like to know how we can accomplish the same thing from HELP topic 7997. Which basically says before we stop the IIS pool we would like the package should be downloaded already

Hi @isaacn,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome! It sounds like you’re after a way to stage your packages as shown in the following doc page.

This involves adding a manual intervention step before your first package step, and by configuring the manual intervention to run After package acquisition this will acquire the packages needed during the deployment, but then pause and await approval before continuing and installing the packages.

I hope this helps, and please let me know how you go or if I’ve misunderstood anything about what you’re looking to achieve. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi @Kenneth_Bates Thanks for the response and sorry for my late response. :grinning:

I don’t see in my Manual Intervention step an option to wait for package download.

Hi @isaacn,

Thanks for following up, and not a problem for the delay! I’m sorry for the confusion and inconvenience this issue has caused. I’ve been able to reproduce this missing option on the manual intervention step locally in 2020.5.3. However it looks like it has been resolved in 2020.6.0.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.