Api/packages?filter

(Keithhigbee) #1

I see that the Packages endpoint of the REST API supports filtering, but what swagger doesn’t specify is which fields it filters on. Can I get some clarity on that?

I would love to be able to filter on the version number less than a given version.

(Dalmiro Grañas) #3

Hi @keithhigbee

Thanks for reaching out! If you browse [YourOctopusUrl]/api you’ll see all the filters available for all the endpoints. In the case of Packages it looks like this:

"Packages": "/api/Spaces-1/packages{/id}{?nuGetPackageId,filter,latest,skip,take,includeNotes}"

Hope that helps!
Dalmiro

(Keithhigbee) #4

You didn’t answer the question. What does ‘filter’ actually filter on? Which fields is it looking at?

Does it respect Nuget version ranges as described here?

(Paul Calvert) #6

Hi Keith,

Apologies for the confusion here, it doesn’t help things that we have a filter named filter :slight_smile:

It is matching on the package name field so is going to return fairly similar results to the ‘nuGetPackageId’ filter.

If you’re wanting to perform more in-depth filtering on the API then your best bet is to use the octopus.client to create a script to retrieve the desired information.

We have a repository of sample scripts to help get you started here: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/OctopusDeploy-Api/tree/master/Octopus.Client

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Paul