An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2019.3.3: "TypeError: t.Thumbprint is null"

Hi all,

For some reason we are receiving the following error in Octopus version 2019.3.3 (which we had before in version 2019.2.4. but wasn’t solved with installing the newest version).

This error pops up if we go to Library -> Certificates and search for any certificate.
The same happens if we are trying to bind a certificate to a ‘variable of type certificate’ and search for the appropriate certificate.

Thanks in advance.
Jeffrey

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this error and might solve this.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry to hear you’re getting bitten by this bug here. I suspect the root cause of this error is the same as the following bug report.

This occurred as a result of an invalid certificate. While we haven’t been able to reproduce this specifically, a code fix will be implemented to prevent this TypeError from showing up in the UI.

Is it possible this report matches your scenario?

Let me know if you have any followup questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

It looks like this issue matches mine indeed.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for following up and confirming that. The fix for this issue is planned to be shipped in the next patch (2019.5.11) and also back ported to the next LTS (2019.3.6), both of which will likely be available today or tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions in the future!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.