After upgrading to 2.6 instance reverts to Ravendb

we had an instance of Octopus 2.5 that we needed to upgrade. after doing the upgrade per the instructions on the web, the instance of 2.6 to eventually go up to 2018 now reverts to using the local Ravendb and not the SQL DB that the old instance used. the old db is there and the server config is still valid

how can i change this instance to use the old db?

Hi Steve,

I’m sorry, but I don’t think I’m quite following what the issue is here.

If I understand it correctly (and please correct me if I’m mistaken here), you’ve upgraded your 2.5 server to 2.6 but have not yet upgraded to the latest 2018.3.x version?

Neither 2.5 nor 2.6 used SQL as it’s store, we moved to SQL in 3.x.

Or, did you mean that you had an old 1.5 instance (which did use SQL as it data store) that you’ve upgraded to 2.6?

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Henrik
I was pretty sure it was 2.5, but i could have been wrong. looking at the upgrade instructions it recommended going to 2.5 then 2.6 then proceeding onto newer versions

we have not yet gone up to anything newer unless that will fix this issue quicker.

Hi Steve,

Could you send me the link to the upgrade instructions you followed, this may help me figure out what is causing your issues.

Thank you,
Henrik

Henrik
it must have been then and I misread the version number. can i go up to v3+ and restore the SQL functionality?

Hi Steve,

We have comprehensive docs on going from 2.6 to 3.x and newer versions here.

You won’t be able to re-use the existing SQL database as the schema will have changed since the earlier version, so you have to go through a backup/restore process.

I hope that helps.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.