Adding multiple address to polling tentacle config file

Hi,
I am creating a Polling Tentacle and automating the process with Powershell.
In my tentacle.config file I want to add 3 addresses (the 3 Octopus Deploy nodes we have) with different ports. This works and adds the 3 addresses with different ports but it creates a different Subscription Id for each. Only one of the Subscription Ids match the actual tentacle on the server so the communication fails. It needs all 3 to have the same Subscription Id.

My command to register tentacle: I will run it 3 times with ports 10943, 10944 and 10945.

“C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle\Tentacle.exe” register-with --instance “PollingTentacle_Test” --server “https://MyInstance/Octopus” --name “PollingTentacleTest” --comms-style “TentacleActive” --server-comms-port “10943” --apiKey “API-**************” --space “DevOps” --environment “Pre-Production” --role “New Role” --policy “Default Machine Policy” --console --force

When I update the tentacle.config file manually it works fine but when I run the command above from Powershell or the Command Line it gives me 3 different subscription Ids.

Any idea how to avoid the 3 different Subscriptions iDs.
I have also tried the command tentacle poll-server - but that gives me errors.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Hey Micheál,

When you say 3 nodes, are you talking about 3 separate Octopus Server instances, or 3 nodes in a HA cluster?

Assuming its 3 separate server instances, you will need to do the following:
When you run the command you will need to change the --instance value to something new each time, otherwise it will overwrite.

for instance
–instance “PollingTentacle_1”
–instance “PollingTentacle_2”
–instance “PollingTentacle_3”

If it’s an HA cluster, you will need to set up poll-server :https://octopus.com/docs/administration/high-availability/configuring-octopus-for-high-availability#ConfiguringOctopusforHighAvailability-ConfiguringHighAvailabilityPollingTentacles

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi @jeremy.miller,
Ya our 3 Octopus Deploy nodes are in a HA cluster.
The poll-server command did the trick. I was running register-with command which was giving 3 different Subscription Ids.

Thanks again.
Micheál

1 Like

Hi Micheál,

You’re very welcome! Thanks for letting me know that resolved it for you.

I hope you have a great rest of your week.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.