Active Directory Authentication Issue - Can't find domain

I get the following error when using Active Directory for my authentication:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007054B): The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

I also get the same error if I follow the instruction here. However after starting the service, I can login with any AD account just fine. I can also search and assign an AD group to a team just fine.

Hi BrandonG,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’d love to help but I’m not sure I understand - you get the exception, then you restart Octopus, and it works? Does the error happen over and over or was it a one-off? Could you share some screenshots?

Paul

Thanks for the response Paul. I will try to clarify. I get the error every time when trying to assign a domain user as admin via powershell. However after I restart the service, domain authentication works fine. I have logged in with 3 different domain accounts and all login with no problems.

Any news on this issue? We’re experiencing the same here…

Thanks.

I am not sure if the error still is occurring but I just upgraded OD last week and logged in just fine with my domain account.

Hi Jean-Philippe,

Many AD users are finding this helps with authentication: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Specifying+a+custom+container+to+use+for+AD+Authentication
Let me know if it this helps.

Vanessa

?Thanks Vanessa! We will try this solution!