Accessing package without deploying it

Is there any way to get access to the relevant nuget/zip package artifact, without Octopus automatically installing/unzipping it? I would just like to access it in a powershell script of mine (in order to upload it to a Azure Kudu instance).

Hi,

Thank you for getting touch!
Unfortunately there is no way to do this with Octopus Deploy without extracting the package.
However a hackey workaround would be to package it twice and use the PowerShell script file inside a package feature that we introduced in 3.3 with a script and your package inside this package.
This will extract the first package with the PowerShell script leaving the zip file unextracted at the following location Octopus.Action[StepName].Output.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath

Let us know how you go! Please feel free to get back to us with any more questions or issues.

Thanks
Daniel

Thanks for your suggestion, but this does not work. There is no Output.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath variable available. (Judging from the documentation this only works for package extraction steps.)
The package contents is indeed unzipped (for the script to execute), but I can’t seem to find the zip file itself.

Hi,

You are correct sorry about that. But we still suggest the same premise just with the package step instead of the script in a package step.
This will expand your double package and have a variable available for its extraction location.

You can turn off all the unnecessary features form the package step.

Thanks,
Daniel

OK, thanks!