413 Request Entity Too Large - Built-in Package Repository

Hi,

I’m having this weird error when trying to upload a package (33 MB) on the octopus Built-in Package Repository page:

“Error from Octopus Server (HTTP 413 RequestEntityTooLarge)”

I have looked online and it seems like my .nupkg are too big to be uploaded. Is there any way to set the limit of how many mb we can upload?

Also, I have checked the other topics related to this error and it cannot be a timeout problem nor a url problem since i’m using the octopus webpage to upload.

Thanks a lot,

Hugues

Hi Hugues,

Thanks for getting in touch! I agree that does look weird, as 33 MB is not really very big at all and I’ve uploaded much larger packages. I had a look through our history of this error message, and I see a case that I wonder if is applicable here. They had Octopus running behind CloudFlare that had a size upload limit to sites running behind their service. Could something like that be imposing the size limit on the upload in your case?

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your answer!

We finally figured out. We found that from the inside of our intranet, we were able to upload the package but not from the outside. It was our proxy who was refusing requests above 30 MB.

I would not have understood this without your comment. Thank you!

Best regards,

Hugues

Hi Hugues,

Great to hear you’ve found the culprit! You’re very welcome, and I appreciate the update. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.