2 releases in one environment

Hello
I run into a complex situation to manage and i dont know what is the best way to achieve it with octopus.

We have two web application projects A and B (in fact more than that but let 'keep it simple) that use same deployed component meaning another project C in octopus (rest api).

For project A we can improve this component (new nuget package) we create a new version and deploy it. But we dont want to impact the project B. We want to give the project B the time to test upon the new version of the common component (project C).

Unit now, we were using the same environment for projects A, B and C but we can not deploy two release in one environment.
The other way is to create 2 environments :
- One including project A and C
- One including project B and C

But we can i ensure project B upgrade in one point and the downside is to have two environments to manage. I dont know i am missing another fit for all solution

Hi Sebastien,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can try the process described here and see if that helps you get your scenario running as you want.

Hope that helps!

Thank you and kind regards,
Henrik

My problem is to share a common deployed component not running tasks in parallel

Hi Sebastien,

Channels might be what you are looking for in this case, we have an excellent walkthrough of this feature with number of different scenarios, your scenario would most likely fit into scenario 2 presented in the blog post.

Hope that helps!

Thank you and kind regards,
Henrik

Hello
yes it makes sense to me,
thanks
sebastien