2 packages to separate repositories

We are just switching over to use octopus deploy and I’m trying to figure out the best way to handle this situation. I have a solution with a few projects. I’ve got it all to build fine and create the 2 different nuget packages I need, but it seems to only have the ability to specify one nuget repository and uploads them both to it. I need to be able to send them to different repositories(One to our existing nuget repository, and one to our new repository to use for octopus deployment). Is there anyway to do this, or will I just have to create and push one directly with nuget?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopack only accepts 1 Nuget repository per run. It works under the assumption that it if you are building projects from a solution, they belong to the same “app” and it is OK to have them on the same feed. As long as they have their correspondent Package ID and Version, of course.

I would suggest to send the packages to a single directory using /p:OctoPackPublishPackageToFileShare (can be a local folder, doesn’t have to be a file share necessarily) and then have another step on your build process that sends each package to the correct repository.

Thanks!

Dalmiro