The archive entry was compressed using an unsupported compression method

• The machine reboots nightly, the deployment does a health check if it fails the deployment fails then.
  • I can attach these to a message for you
  • These are on-premise hosted VM’s not Azure VM’s.
  • I will swap to trace logging and re-deploy the failing projects to the 2 machines currently exhibiting the issue and get those your way.
1 Like

Hi,

The engineers have another question for you.

Are there multiple tentacle instances on that box?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

No there are not multiple tentacle instances on any of our machines.

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll pass it along.

Hey @hardKOrr,

The engineers managed to reproduce it, but the only way they were able to do that is by having the tentacle service restart mid-task. Would you by chance be able to set up some monitoring for the service on the affected machine and see if it’s restarting at abnormal times?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Any sort of cancellation of that particular deployment is what causes it for this machine from what I can tell. It will be attempting to deploy indefinitely.

It has not happened with other machines with this package, and does not happen with future versions of that deliverable with this machine. I think unless I can provide any additional specific information from discovery on my side we can probably let this issue subside.

This doesn’t happen on newer versions of the same product, or older versions, only this version on this machine. If it becomes a recurring matter elsewhere I will revisit this issue with Octopus Deploy.

Thanks for all the help and research on this issue!

1 Like

Hey @hardKOrr,

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation last week.

You’re very welcome! That sounds like a plan. I’m sorry we couldn’t figure out what it was, but it feels like this one has gone beyond needle in a haystack.

Please reach out to us in the future with any questions or issues.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.