Octopus Server returned an error: An error occured reading the log file

Hi @paul.benoit,

That might just work as a temporary fix, I’d be interested in hearing how you get on!

Otherwise the new CLI I mentioned doesn’t rely on fetching the Task logs as often, so it should resolve the race condition.

I’ve prodded the devs for an update around this issue and will post here once I have any news from them.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or run into any issues at all!

Best Regards,

Yeah, that is a good point. I think each update/restart of the nodes will reset this also.

If this works, is there a way to do this at boot or installation like the standard config file?

Hi @paul.benoit,

It looks like the Log Level changes will take effect as soon as the file is saved, so in theory you could perform the change only when needed, however during the Instance configuration there should be a command to create the instance from a desired config file:

& "C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus\Octopus.Server.exe" create-instance --instance "Default" --config "C:\Octopus\OctopusServer.config"

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or run into any issues!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @paul.benoit,

Just an update that the devs have resolved the issue created for this and a release with the fix should be making it’s way out shortly: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/8171

Keep an eye out for version 2023.3.1597 and let us know if there are any issues with it!

Happy Deployments!

1 Like