Is there a way to set the $ErrorActionPreference on Calamari?

Ok. Thank you. We’ll see what we can do with workaround and try and standby for progress from the Product team

image007.jpg

Hi Nsaia,

I am currently trying to setup a repro of your issue for the product team to work with and I cant get your exact issue. I get errors on gcloud commands, but the runbook always finishes successfully with warning.

Can you post your output of gcloud version please?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Google Cloud SDK 303.0.0

bq 2.0.58

core 2020.07.24

gsutil 4.52

image007.jpg

Hi Nsaia,

My output is:

Google Cloud SDK 304.0.0

bq 2.0.58

core 2020.07.31

gsutil 4.52

I know its pretty unlikely seeing as the versions are really close, but would you be able to update and see if the issue goes away? I can only get mine to succeed with warning. I can’t get mine to fully fail due to a gcloud progress/success.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I updated still see the same error.

Here is the latest version I have:

Google Cloud SDK 304.0.0

bq 2.0.58

core 2020.07.31

gsutil 4.52

Hi Nsaia,

I am still working on getting a repro of your exact error to hand off to our engineers.

Please feel free to reach out in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Nsaia,

I wanted to update you that this issue has been bumped to a higher priority. It appears to be related to a certain version of PowerShell (5.1.17763) on Windows Server 2019. I will update you as the progress moves forward, but please feel free to reach out in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy for your help. We are simultaneously trying some work around as we are overdue on a schedule to deprecate these 2016 servers. We are still running into errors with the work around and look forward to a proper solution.

Keep me posted please.

Thank you very much!

Nick Saia | Sr. DevOps Engineer

TITAN School Solutions | www.titank12.com

SOCIALLY INCLINED? Connect with us on    for access to our latest information.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information, some of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to it. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

Hi Nick,

You’re very welcome. I will most definitely keep you updated.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Do you have anymore updates on this?

Hi Nick,

My apologies for the lack of communication on this. This is being triaged internally, but have nothing to share in the way of a solution yet, just the workaround described in the GitHub issue. This actually is an intentional change by Microsoft that seems to be in all newer versions of PowerShell.

I’ve created a GitHub issue for you to subscribe to for updates on the progress on here: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/6528

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Nick,

We have spent some time trying to get a reproduction of this issue in our test environment, using the latest version of Octopus Server but haven’t been able to successfully reproduce the issue.

We downloaded the gcloud cli but have had trouble getting your script you provided earlier working. Are you able to provide some additional information on how we can run your script exactly as you listed it?

Since your first communication on this issue, your hosted instance has been upgraded to a newer version, would you please be able to test this again against your Windows 2019 worker and see if you are still seeing the same problem?

If you have a chance, could you also try executing the problem steps using the Octopus Cloud Windows 2019 workers? To do this you will need to create a new Dynamic Worker Pool and select Windows 2019 as the worker type. Your instance will already have a Dynamic Worker pool but it will currently be configured to use a Windows 2016 worker.

Regards
Ben Pearce

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.