How to get repository name by Project name using Octopus Clients library?

Hi @vivek.nuna

I think there has been some confusion on our part. We assumed with the branch and source control repository information you are looking for was part of a project that uses the version control (config as code) octopus feature.

What I believe you are after is the branch and source code repository information of your applications.

Octopus doesn’t store that information against a project or release directly.

You might be able to get some package level info if you are pushing build information to Octopus. You can see more about that feature here - Build information - Octopus Deploy

I should be transparent to say if you aren’t using this feature today, historical older releases won’t have any info available.

Are you using that feature?

Best,

@mark.harrison I can see repo-related info in the release note. Is there any way to use this info and get the details? If I can see repo details in the release notes, it means definitely there is should be a way got get repo and branch name details from Octopus in my existing system as well.

In this case my repo name is fxtrader.

Hi @vivek.nuna

That is a free text field populated I assume by the create release task from Azure DevOps. You’d be able to retrieve the text field from the release object I shared code for previously from Octopus, but you’d need to parse it to get relevant information (it’s not structured like Json for example).

I also don’t believe branch information is stored in those notes.

Best,