Working Directory Variable

HI Team,

I just need to figure out very basic question, i was trying to figure it out but some how not able to get it and getting confused with this.

In urban code deploy we used have one property componentProcess.defaultWorkDir to get path of Working DIR same like that how i can get the Working DIR path and Extracted Path where the nupkg got extracted.

Please help.

I tried this EPath=$(get_octopusvariable “Octopus.Action.Package.ExtractedPath”)
but its not giving me anything

Hi @pritskumar81

Thanks for reaching out.

I believe the Octopus variable you’re looking for would be:

$OctopusParameters[“Octopus.Action[Step Name].Output.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath”]

One of the easy ways to find Octopus variables is to create a Project Step with a Script so you can navigate here and do a search:

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,
Garrett

Thanks @garrett.dass ,

$(get_octopusvariable “Octopus.Action.Package[ReferencePackage].ExtractedPath”) works for me,.

Thanks for helping me out and showing me that option from where we can get system variables. And sorry to trouble your team on this basic thing, i have just started with Octopus.

1 Like

Hi @pritskumar81,

I’m glad to see you could get the system variable you needed.

It’s never any trouble, please don’t hesitate to reach back out if you have anymore issues!

Regards,
Garrett