[ Worker Tentacle ] Retentions issues

Hello Octopus Team,

I’m facing so kind of weird issue with retentions.

Here the differents configurations of a project :

Everything looks perfect from the Ocotpus UI side with releases being suppress as intended.
But if I look to the Worker “Files” directory of this Space there is a lot more objects than it should (highlighted in yellow) :

In an other Topic I’ve found this answer of Jeremy :

Tentacle package retention is just how many package versions you’d like to keep on the tentacle. This will get cleaned up after every deployment to the tentacle (not when the retention task on the server occurs)

But when I take a look at my release deployment log, using a “Deploy an Azure Webapp” step for this project, it doesn’t seem to do the cleaning on the Worker Tentacle executing this kind of deployments :

It miss the cleaning step that we find in steps using Deploy Tentacle and not Worker one :
deployment_process-missing

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hey @gregory.blanc,

Thanks for reaching out and all of the information. This is actually a known issue and being worked on :Linux Worker doesn't run Retention clean-up on Packages. · Issue #6664 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub

While it says Linux in the issue, I am going to reach out and make sure Windows is also being resolved in the process. Are you referencing a package in a script on a worker?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hello @jeremy.miller,

For this example we are using a Windows Worker Tentacle and the step type is “Deploy an Azure WebApp”.

Waiting for more news when you’ll have some.

Thanks,

Grégory.

Hi @gregory.blanc,

Thanks for the information. I would subscribe to that GH issue, as that will be the most up to date progress on when it is getting fixed. I did a test on my own and confirmed this bug is also affecting Windows workers.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime.

Best,
Jeremy

Just a little message to avoid this issue to be automaticly closed. :wink:

Hello @jeremy.miller,

Any news of a start on this bugfix issue?

Kind regards,
Gregory.

Hi Gregory,

Sorry about the delay. I was out of the office last week.

I can ping engineering and get a status update on this specific issue for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your patience on this one.

I spoke with the engineer that’s working on it and he said it’s next in line in priorities but it’s not a trivial fix so we can’t give a time frame on how long this specific fix will take him to resolve.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding it.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.