Windows XP supported

Hi, from the forums I do understand that Tentacle client can be installed on Windows XP machine. As we would be using this in a production environment, could you please confirm an official support is provided by Octopus Support Team.

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for getting in touch! We do not support any desktop OSs, they are not part of our testing matrix. There is no official support for Windows XP machines. Some customers do deploy to them, but if there were an environmental issue or bug that did not exist for a Windows Server OS then we would not test or fix it.

Sorry if that was not the news you were after.
Vanessa

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. I understand that there is no official support for Windows XP but does the Enterprise license works fine if Windows XP machines are used to deploy Octopus Tentacles.

Regards,
Vishal

image001.png

Hi Vishal,

You will not be blocked by the software itself in Installing Tentacle on Windows XP nor registering machines in your instance.

We do not detect the OS at any point nor block for that reason. It will test for .NET version and PowerShell version so there may be additional things you need to install to get Tentacle to install.

I just wanted to be clear in my response as you asked if we ‘officially support’ it.

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for all the support.

Regards,
Vishal

image001.png