Windows tentacle show unhealthy after sometime

Hi Team,

I am Prabhjot, working on Octopus Deploy. I have configured Windows tentacle in listening mode in Octopus. It has connectivity and healthy, but when I am not using it for sometime it become unhealthy and every time I have to use Windows tentacle as deployment target, I have to check it’s health. But this is not the case with Linux tentacle. I have configured Linux tentacle and it shows healthy if I don’t use it for long time.

Please let me know if there is any way the Windows tentacle be healthy always once configured.

Thanks,
Prabhjot

Hi @prabhjotkour.91,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support, and I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues with your tentacle becoming unhealthy.

There are a few things that could cause this behavior. The tentacle service may be stopping unexpectedly. Please send us a copy of the Tentacle log from that machine. It may give us an idea if the service is stopping or if there’s some network interruption happening.

Often our clients will configure the Service watchdog on their deployment targets to ensure the Tentacle service is started and available come deployment time. It may be worth setting that up to see if the connection issues improve.

I have created a secure upload link you can use to send us the Tentacle logs, which I’ll send you in a DM. I look forward to hearing back, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.