Will using Spaces break API code for default Space

We just upgraded our license to start using spaces. We use a lot of Octopus API calls in our scripts. I do see that with any new spaces we create we’ll need to upgrade our API calls to access those spaces. But, my question is this: will creating a new space break the existing API calls currently accessing the default space?

I don’t want to create any spaces until I’m sure.

Thanks!

Bob Hardister

Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting in touch! That’s a great question, and when developing the Spaces feature we had this specifically in mind, that is to provide backwards compatibility and not break existing API scripts. If you don’t specify a space in the script, it will automatically target the default space. There’s some additional detail in the following doc page around this area.

I hope this helps! Let me know if we can help with anything else moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks Kenneth! All good :slight_smile:

Hi Bob,

You’re very welcome! Don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.