Why I got connection problem to Azure

Dear Support,

I have a web project in octopus to publish a site to Azure app service. It worked yesterday. But I got a connecton problem today.

From log I found: "Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentDetailedException: Web Deploy experienced a connection problem with the server and had to terminate the connection. Contact your server administrator if the problem persists. Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_CONNECTION_TERMINATED. —> System.Xml.XmlException: There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1, position 270. "

I checked Azure part, everything is same as yesterday. And I could published to Azure site with FTP. I am not sure why this happen and how to fix.

Can you give me some suggestions.

I also attached logs for you.ServerTasks-3983.log (1).txt (15.1 KB)

Thanks.

Regards,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Unfortunately it seems this issue can be tricky to track down. We have seen people with outbound connections on TCP 8172 being blocked, and we’ve also had people needing to recreate the WebApp slot to get around the issue.

Hopefully one of those two options will help resolve the issue,

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion. Other project works, I guess it is not TCP 8172 issue. And we use free tier resource group which I could not recreate deploymnet slots. Is there any other solution for this issue?

Thanks.

Regards,
Max