Which is the deployment target in case I want to deploy to Google Cloud Firebase

Hi all,
I just wonder how can I set up the deployment target for FIrebase. I dont see that option in Octopus, so is there any workaround?

Thanks.

Hi @n.nguyen3,

Thanks for reaching out!

We have plans for release 2021.2 to contain a script step and GCP account type which will make it easier to script against Google services. At this time however we have no specific ETA on that release. The updated docs for these changes can be found here.

Good news is the regular script step will still work for GCP and the documentation can be found here.

A helpful custom step template made by one of our team advice members can also be accessed here.

I hope this helps for now! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kindest regards,
Lauren

Hi, thank you for your answer. I can use the script to deploy to Firebase. But my question is, when I set up Octopus, which Deployment target I should create for GCP?

My apologies for the confusion. Octopus does not have specific deployment targets for GCP, much like our AWS integration, we rely on the Octopus server executing your scripts against the cloud provider.

What we would recommend is to have a script run against the GCP server on behalf of Octopus. The 2021.2 release will allow you to store your GCP credentials as an account in Octopus and will also add a tailor made step for running your GCP scripts. However, I don’t believe we have any immediate plans for a GCP specific deployment target.

Hope this helps answer your question. Please let me know if you need any further clarity.

Kindest regards,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.